Thanks, Jo

Jo Avila has been organizing an EB for his former Volunteer Assistants/ Students for several years now but this year is my first time to attend. I've never been an 'official student' of Jo except for a lighting workshop (where photojournalist Bobby Timonera was one of my 'classmates') and as a 'sit-in student' in his summer class in Ateneo many years back. I felt lucky  to have been selected from many PhPhotonians vying for the limited slot then. I also had the privilege to assist Jo several times in his various photo shoot together with other VA's and Mang Jun. Jo's multi-tasking driver, barista & lighting assistant rolled into one who's presence I missed at the EB.  

One of the things that I looked forward to in this years EB was the photo exchange wherein every attendee was required to bring a signed and framed 5R print of his/her photo (original work). I got Brett Medel's pastel hued photo of boats at dusk (thanks, Brett) - while mine was a print from my series titled 'Organized Chaos' which I shot for the workshop on Urban Manila with Peter Bialobrzeski which is scheduled to be on exhibit at Goethe Institut-Manila within the year (will post the details here once schedule was finalized). 

EB for me has always been an opportunity to meet and touch base with friends, both old and new - Brett Medel, Daniel, Willie De Vera, Fernando Martirez III, Erick Lirios, Mike Alcid, Michelle Morelos, Gen Perez, and Misterkodaker himself - Jo Avila!   

Thank you all!

See more photos here.

Comments

Popular Posts