Silverlens Portfolio Review with Romy Vitug, Jose Enrique Soriano & Isa Lorenzo

Just attended the portfolio review last Saturday (12.08.07), organized as part of 5 Photographers: A Tribute to 5 Pioneering Masters of Philippine Photojournalisn (currently on exhibit until Dec 20) at the Silverlens Gallery. I was expecting a multitude of participants lined-up waiting for their work to be critiqued but I was wrong - many attendees are familiar faces whom i met in the first portfolio review I have participated in with Marvi Lacar & Ben Lowy at the CCP a year ago - Bahag, VJ Villafranca, Paolo Picones, Jes Aznar, Tammy David, Dennis Vega and Estan Cabigas. Erick Lacson and Anton Diaz was there too.

Each was given a number and lined-up to the Photographer he/she is interested to present his/ her work. But all was delighted to know that we can go rounds! Imagine being critiqued from three different point of views - Cinemtographers' (Romy Vitug), Photojournalist (Jose Enrique Soriano) and Personal (Isa Lorenzo), all at the same time! I myself had my a-ha! moments with Romy Vitug but most especially with Jose Enrique Soriano (too bad I haven't had the chance to present my work and seek critical advice from Isa).

Jose Enrique Soriano stressed the importance of the Self in the photographic process. This is very true not just in the field of photography but even in other disciplines of visual arts. It’s what differentiates a Luna from Malang.

Many of us left wanting for more :)

Comments

Popular Posts